Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Is it July already?

Once again, quite a long time has elapsed since my last post. A little over half a year since my New Years Day post for 2014. I'd like to say that the reason I haven't posted is that I've been extremely busy and preoccupied with other things, but that is not the case. However the year so far has had some noteworthy events to share with you all.

Since the last post, the one year anniversary of my time here at Echostar/Sling passed. Along with a fairly decent annual review and raise. I am definitely enjoying my time here, and still believe that getting laid off from my Northrop Grumman position was a blessing in disguise.

My one year anniversary at Echostar is noteworthy, but so far the highlight of the year (and perhaps the last couple years) is something that I would never have thought possible a few years back. It pretty much deserves its own post, so I will only touch upon it here. Last month, June, my daughter Reagan came to California for a visit. In her 13 years, this was the first time that I had the opportunity to spend time with just my daughter. I'll expand on her visit in another post, but overall it was a pretty good time.

That said, there is still not much else new. Still putting off getting my hip surgery, and two of the three motorcycles still need repair of some degree. Hell, the Dyna even now seems to be starting to make a little top end noise. At 36k miles, it likely needs a valve adjustment and perhaps a look at the cam chain. But, if I do one thing well, it's procrastinate.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have some time to write about Reagan's visit sooner rather than later. Until then, take care and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. I'll help you with the valve adjustment if you help me destick my carb :-)

    ReplyDelete